My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://divaboutiquebakery.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Test results on Porchetta...

Well...that test recipe came out amazing! Sadly, I don't have a camera, (it is being fixed)to take a photo of the final result, so you will just have to trust me when I say that it was a gorgeous piece of meat...the crackling was a beautiful mahogany colour and the meat was melt in your mouth delicious...
Here are a few tips for cooking...first let the meat sit out at room temp for 40 min before you start to cook... for the size of meat I used, (just over a kg for the loin and I would say the same for the belly, remember, the belly has to wrap around the loin), I cooked in the in a hot oven,(200c) for 2-21/2 hours...I increased the heat towards the end to brown and crisp up the crackling...I also rotated to meat half way through the cooking process..
This is definitely one roast to try! Let me know if you try it and how you get on...Also don't for get to salt the meat before you pop into the oven...Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home